Athletic Spectator Information (updated 3/1/21)
Starting today, February 26, 2021, Washington County is now operating at the Moderate Risk level for at least the next two weeks. Since we are at the moderate risk level our maximum number allowed in our stadiums, gyms, and fields, by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), are listed below:
- Stadium maximum 150,
- Enclosed gym maximum of 50% capacity -Southridge Main Gym 90 people including athletics, officials, scorekeepers and meet management.
- Southridge Upper Gym 50 people including athletics, officials, scorekeepers and meet management.
Therefore, with these OHA requirements in place the number of spectators in attendance at each Beaverton School District High School will vary by each site's size and/or number of participants, coaches, required management, and administrative supervision required. (Note: the short version of this is that due to the differences in facilities and these COVID-19 guidelines by the OHA, some sites will be able to accommodate for more spectators than others.)
At Southridge High School a varsity contest in soccer could require up to 65-70 players, coaches, management, and administration. Leaving 80-85 tickets to be distributed out to the players families. It is important to note that should Washington County return to the High Risk level, any time in the future, and the current OHA guidelines on capacity limits were to not change we expect the Beaverton School District would not be able to allow spectators to any events. To stay in compliance with the OHA guidelines for the upcoming Season 2 Athletic the following standards will be in place at each BSD High School starting Monday March 1, 2021.
Football: By the OHA guidance, only 150 people maximum are allowed inside a stadium. Each contest will have different team sizes that might allow for some spectators to be in attendance and the numbers may not allow spectators. Therefore, spectators at football games will be site based and dependent upon being able to stay at 150 or less. We will notify families once we have the number of spectators that may be allowed into our games.
Volleyball, Soccer, and Cross Country: Only the host school families, for that contest, will have access to tickets. The number that each school allocates will vary based upon team size and support needed to run the event. Given projected numbers, the guidance on family tickets to be distributed will be that each team family will be allotted up to a maximum of 4 immediate family members. Note 1: the ticketing process may vary by school, yet will meet the guidance shown above. Families will need to follow this process in order to gain admission.
- First priority in ticket allotment will be the families of senior athletes. Maximum of 4 still in place.
- No students, from the host school, will be admitted unless they are a sibling of the immediate family for that athlete
- Visiting spectators will not be admitted
- Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth, at all times
- Family Groups must maintain 6-foot distance at the venue
- No concessions will be sold
- Immediately following each contest all fans will leave the facility promptly. The plan is to have everyone exited with-in 5 minutes following completion of the contest.
- Entrance to the contest will take place no earlier than 10 minutes before the events start time.
GATE FEES: (Cash or Checks Only - No Credit Cards Accepted)
- Varsity Football
- Varsity Soccer
- JV/Varsity Volleyball
- JV/Varsity Basketball
- JV/Varsity Wrestling
- ALL District Playoffs for all Sports
- All State Playoffs for all Sports
BSD Students with ID Card (Gr. 1-12): $4
BSD Students with ID Card / ASB Sticker: Free
Senior Citizens (65 & Older): Free
Children 5 and under: Free
*OSAA Playoff Admission: All spectators must pay unless approved pass is presented. Please bring ID.
BSD FAMILY ATHLETIC PASS: (Fall / Winter Season) - $60
- Good for home/away games at the following Beaverton School District High Schools: Southridge, Mountainside, Aloha, Beaverton, Sunset and Westview (Not at Jesuit)
- Cost if one student Athletic Participation Fee is paid in one season: $30
- Cost if two or more Athletic Participation Fees are paid (same season): Free
- Cost if one Activity Fee is paid in one season: $45
- For Immediate Family Only - Please bring ID